Question regarding free Mountain Lion upgrade

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sethlution, Jun 15, 2012.

1. sethlution macrumors regular

I apologize if this has been asked before, or I posted this in the wrong section.

Well, I've just ordered the 13" Macbook Pro from the Korean Apple Store (I'm living in Korea). My question is how does the whole free upgrading thing work? I asked this because I bought that Mac with the help of a friend who used his iTunes account to order it. I'm afraid that I won't be able to redeem the code for mountain lion for my own account.

Also, I am new to the whole Mac OS thing. Does Mac OS X allows you to freely switch between English and Korea? (Windows does not as far as I'm concern :eek:)

Oh and I would be really grateful if you could link me to a site or any place that teach the basic or tips and tricks for a new mac user like me :confused:. Thank you guys in advance :)

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

As far as I know they let you pick the Apple ID to put the upgrade under, but I don't really know. As far as the language switching goes however, that's a big yes. In System Preferences there's an option to pick the language which looks like this:
    [​IMG]

Also, Windows 7 lets you do that as well but only if you pay for Ultimate. For some reason Microsoft thinks that's a feature that should only be in the most expensive version of the OS. :confused:

4. sethlution thread starter macrumors regular

Yep many results. That's why I asked just in case you guy know ONE good site with everything in one place as I'm too lazy to comb through everything :p but thank you anyway
    :)

----------

Okay thank you very much for that ;) So that's why I couldn't switch language freely on Windows 7 as I am using the Home Premium version