Question regarding Genius Bar appointments and iPhone problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pundapun, Aug 6, 2008.

1. pundapun macrumors newbie

For those of you that have experienced problems with your iPhones, did you make appointments with the Genius Bar? My wife is having problems with hers and the only appointments available in my area are during our work hours. I was wondering if they'll take walk-ins. Thanks in advance.

2. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Depends how busy they are and whats wrong with the phone. When i replaced my iphone the first time, i made an appt, the 2nd time i just walked in and talked to a few workers and got it replaced.

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

My appointment was pretty much a walk-in. I told them I was having issues and they set me up with an appointment for 45 mins later. I guess if you're there and somebody doesn't show up they'll try to squeeze you in.

4. xolan99 macrumors regular

Yeah it depends on where you live. In NYC you usually have to wait 2 days to make an apt.

5. pundapun thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm the SoCal area and the Genius Bar reservation system doesn't allow me to make appointments beyond 2 days. In fact, most of the local stores only show 1 day in advance.

My wife's phone is resetting itself. Reproducing the problem is not deterministic so I have concerns proving to them that it's a problem. Perhaps it may be coincidence but her white phone has been acting erraticly lately.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yep, San Francisco & Emeryville Apple Stores accept walk-ins all the time. Usually a wait of less than 45 minutes.

7. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

Half the time nobody shows up. But I wouldn't recommend going in during a busy day though, maybe like a weekday afternoon.

8. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

The computers they have in the store can detect problems within the phone even if you can't demonstrate the issue. Tell them what's happening and there's a good chance they'll just replace it on the spot. If they're feeling grumpy and actually check it out there they'll more than likely be able to find something once they jack into it.

9. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

I'm in SoCal too. I went to the Northridge Apple store and made an appointment two days beforehand. They were very helpful and replaced my cracked iPhone without hesitating. But I think if you go in and explain that the phone isn't working, they should take care of it then. :)

10. juice831 macrumors member

I go to SFSU too!

I went to an Apple Store in San Francisco (Stonestown) and they wouldn't take me without an appointment. The earliest appointment was for the next day and the other Apple Stores in San Francisco were also booked for the entire day. Luckily I checked other nearby Apple Stores and made an appointment for the same day at one in San Jose (Valley Fair) where they listened to my problem, looked at it for a minute, then ordered a replacement because they were out of my replacement iPhone. The replacement came the next day so it wasn't that bad. It sounds like it depends on the people working so your best best would be to just go in and try.

11. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yep, I've tried to make my visits to the Apple Store in the morning or noonish at the latest and definitely Mon, Tue or Wed.:p

Go GATORS!

12. pundapun thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll give it try today.

Btw- I was at LinuxWorld yesterday and passed by the Stockton Apple store. They had a huge line for iPhones. Still amazes me that the lines are so long. Also, as I was walking around, it seems that everyone has a iPhone.

13. pundapun thread starter macrumors newbie

No luck walking in. Genuis bar was busy and were booked for the rest of the day. I did manage to talk to a Genuis on his break and he mentioned that about 75% of the daily appts were for the iPhones, of which about 10% were actually real technical problems. Most come in because aethetically their phones weren't perfect to their standards and want to swap with an "immaculate" one.