Question regarding instore pick up and upgrade swap

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fpsphil, Sep 25, 2014.

1. fpsphil macrumors member

Got a quick question, hopefully someone knows the answer, I have an iPhone 5S and am trying to get a 6+, I have 3 other lines on my account that are eligible for upgrade and I'm going to do an upgrade swap to my line. Does anyone know if I scoop up a phone from Apple's reservation site using another line, will I be able to swap the SIM card activation when I get to the Apple store? Someone please enlighten me more

2. Millionaire2K macrumors 6502a

I did this with Verizon.

I bought the phone online around 2am on the 20th and selected in store pickup.

I went to the store and I just had them activate the phone on the line with the upgrade.

I then went home and swapped the sims. I did it myself at home because its less stressful than the crazy Apple store.

All done.

And if you have any problems just call Verizon and say phone x is not working. It's very easy.

3. fpsphil thread starter macrumors member

Problem is i need the other phones on the account to remain activated still as the users are out of the country at the moment and a sim swap would be impossible

4. Millionaire2K macrumors 6502a

They will need to activate the device on the line being upgraded.

I guess you could activate on the upgrade line at the store. Then call Verizon (If you have Verizon) and have them swap the phones on the lines. You may want to warn/notify out of country phone and maybe have another way to reach them to guide them with any restart they may have to perform to finish reactivating their device.

But again your carrier will help you. Verizon even lets you swap phones online in your account. And then if you have any issues just call.

GL

5. Cowboy1629 macrumors regular

Cowboy1629

If it's an AT&T phone all they have to do is reassign the SIM card and IMEI number to the line you want to upgrade before activating the phone. It will have no impact on the line you used for the upgrade option.

I do this every year and pass my year old phone down to my daughter that I used the upgrade from. I usually get it in the mail and call AT&T from another line and tell them what I need and once they do their magic on their end I power up the phone and all is good.