question regarding iShowU HD recording games

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bloodlucky, Feb 8, 2014.

1. bloodlucky macrumors newbie

Okay so I've noticed among the pretty trashy options there are to screen record heavy software like games or even just your mac alone, iShowU HD Pro is probably the best bet. There is crisp application audio that can be separated from your input audio via microphone, and screen recordings generally remain at 30fps unless you're running heavy games which is what this thread is primarily about.

So I'm not smart at all in terms of operating technology but I know that certain factors in settings can affect the quality of your video, for example if you want a higher frame rate you might lower the resolution, etc. Well HD Pro has a lot of advanced looking stuff that I can't wrap my head around but I was able to change up some things such as changing the set FPS to 30 or changing the size of the video to 960x540 (original computer size.) So I was wondering if theres anything at all I can tweak to make gameplay and video playback less choppy when I'm recording games like Counter Strike Source or Half Life 2? The audio is top notch, but the video is a bit choppy. The FPS also fluctuates drastically, sometimes it reaches almost 30 even but other times it looks like a total slideshow.

Not sure if this is of any relevance to frame rate performance BUT through HD Pro my settings are set to this:

Size: 960x540, 16:9
    Video: H.264, Superb (100%) quality, 30.00 fps
    Audio: AAC 44.1k, 128kbps

Not sure what a lot of that means, but hopefully it will be of some use. If anyone knows anything about lowering or modifying settings through HD Pro to balance the quality and the FPS rate decently that would be great.

2. bloodlucky thread starter macrumors newbie