Question regarding iWeb

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by greenguy4, Sep 2, 2007.

1. greenguy4 macrumors 6502

So I've been using iWeb to make a website and everytime I update the website (I dont use .Mac) I publish to folder and then drag and drop it into CyberDuck. This replaces the file and updates everything... So my question is, is their a way I can update the website (blog really) and just update with the new post and not have to upload the whole site everytime? Also how do I upload RSS feed. I know how to post the button but that is all...

Thanks!

2. greenguy4 thread starter macrumors 6502

anyone know the answer to either of these questions?

3. greenguy4 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have searched the forums and havn't found an answer...does anyone know about this?

4. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

iWeb will always update the whole site to a folder. After that you can just drag the changed folders to CyberDuck.

Can't answer the RSS question.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

For the updating question, if you can mount your webhost's server as a drive (via SFTP or whatever), then you can probably use something like RSyncX or another piece of sync software to smart update the copy on the host.

No idea about the RSS question. This walkthrough discusses it from start to uploading, but I'm not sure it's what you want....

6. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Certain features of iWeb are only available with .Mac. I think the Blog, RSS, and album gallery are a few things that are only available to update with .Mac.