Question regarding iWeb

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
So I've been using iWeb to make a website and everytime I update the website (I dont use .Mac) I publish to folder and then drag and drop it into CyberDuck. This replaces the file and updates everything... So my question is, is their a way I can update the website (blog really) and just update with the new post and not have to upload the whole site everytime? Also how do I upload RSS feed. I know how to post the button but that is all...

Thanks!

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
I have searched the forums and havn't found an answer...does anyone know about this?

eluk

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2006
East London, UK
iWeb will always update the whole site to a folder. After that you can just drag the changed folders to CyberDuck.

Can't answer the RSS question.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
For the updating question, if you can mount your webhost's server as a drive (via SFTP or whatever), then you can probably use something like RSyncX or another piece of sync software to smart update the copy on the host.

No idea about the RSS question. This walkthrough discusses it from start to uploading, but I'm not sure it's what you want....

Veritas&Equitas

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
Certain features of iWeb are only available with .Mac. I think the Blog, RSS, and album gallery are a few things that are only available to update with .Mac.