Question regarding jailbreaking Iphone 4, 4.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by H3nk387, Dec 4, 2010.

1. H3nk387 macrumors newbie

Hi,

So I finally decided I would go about jailbreaking my Iphone 4 (currently 4.1 firmware on it). I followed the guides for using PwnageTool for this. But once I got to the step where I actually restore using my custom firmware (jailbroken 4.1) iTunes gives me an error complaining that the firmware isn't accepted.

So I search for some answers and from what I have been able to find it's because 4.1 isn't being signed by Apple anymore as 4.2.1 is out. I would need old SHSH blobs? to be able to restore to a 4.1 firmware now right? Which I don't have (I have saved my SHSH blobs using TinyUmberella now tho).

I assume I'm too late to try to jailbreak 4.1 with me not having the correct SHSH blobs to do that.

So my question:

Can I still jailbreak 4.1 somehow or am I too late and have to wait for a 4.2.1 jailbreak? (I want untethered)

If that's the case I'll update to 4.2.1 right away, just wanted to make sure there still wasn't a way to jailbreak.

Thankful for any help,
    Henke

p.s. Sorry if this has been answered before.

2. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

You just do it without using pwnage tool.

Limera1n and greenpois0n will both work.

3. H3nk387 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok great, I used Limera1n and my iPhone is now jailbroken. How come Pwnagetool wouldn't work? Was I not doing something right?

4. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Did you use Pwnagetool to put the phone into a special DFU mode?

5. H3nk387 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, it wasn't until I had the iPhone in DFU mode and choose my newly created firmware that iTunes complained.