Question regarding jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Armandfx, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Armandfx macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 4, and I have already set up everything needed to get a replacement phone since mine is defective. I am debating on jailbreaking it for the few days left that I will have the defective model, so I can tether my phones internet (unlimited data plan).

If I do jailbreak it, is there ANY way that Apple can find out? I've looked this up online and have found mixed answers.

If I jailbreak, I plan on putting it into DFU and restoring it before I send it to Apple.

2. cobra5mil macrumors member

There is no way of knowing how much they know. I know Saurik would say he will not promise anyone that AT&T/Apple does not know who has a jailbroken phone.

However, I would not be worried about it. I have NEVER heard of someone being denied a replacement because they think it was jailbroken. A full restore from DFU mode makes it the same as factory. Also, I have seen people come into Apple stores WITH themes installed and the Apple people say, "Cool theme" and then take it away and bring a new phone out.

Jailbreak away!

3. MCRunning macrumors 6502

If you restore it and not backup from a backup, just restore to factory settings you should be fine