Question regarding Leopard installation...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Joeytpg, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joeytpg macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

...my roomate and I bought Leopard together (the single license one) and he already installed it and registered it. Can I install it using the same disk? of course I won't be able to register it, but can I run it safely without worrying about anything?

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

There are no serial numbers, technically the whole world could install from the same disc and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

You should however have purchased 2 licences.

3. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

You mean like Apple, Inc. knocking on your door?
    No.

But you should be aware that one license = one computer only…

So unless you bought a Family pack that allows up to 5 licenses you have to get back to the shop and buy your own license.

It is the right thing to do…

4. Joeytpg thread starter macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

Thanks guys. I was not really asking about apple knocking on my door hehe. I was more worried about system updates and so on.

I'm a very correct guy, I but most of my music from the iTunes Music store, I've never pirated an Apple OS (when I was a windows user 5 years ago, THAT'S another story hehe)

But right now I can't pay for the OS by myself (Need the money for other stuff) so my roomate and I bought it together, 50/50, and will use it like that. No harm done I guess since we PAYED for the thing.... plus I've spend A LOT of money on apple products/itunes music hehe.

thanks anyways guys.

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Well, there is "harm done" because you are using it against the EULA. However, to save all our sanity I'm going to close this thread before too many people jump down your throat about it.

It is wrong, but it's up to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.