Question regarding MacRumors Marketplace

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by tonedef407, Feb 25, 2010.

1. tonedef407 macrumors regular

Not real sure where to ask this,so I thought the community would be a good idea. How is selling a MacBook on the Marketplace board once you become eligible? It seems more trustworthy than eBay.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What do you wanna know exactly?

How is selling a MacBook on the Marketplace board once you become eligible?

Do you want to know the procedures involved or how it does affect your status or how it does feel?

3. tonedef407 thread starter macrumors regular

Lol. I guess I meant how easy/hard is it to sell as opposed to other places.

4. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

it's easy in that it's free, but hard in the fact that you might be trying to sell something that no one wants, you'll also find that items generally sell for less then ebay prices, so might not be so good for the seller, but it's good if your looking for a bargain ;)

5. tonedef407 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. As far as eBay,does anyone have advice for selling a laptop on there? I have heard so many horror stories about using it to sell. I ask all this because I want to sell my Macbook to put towards the eventual Pro upgrade.

6. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

i dont know about selling on ebay but have you checked they're guides out?
    Ebay Guides

if your american, just change the .co.uk for .com ;)

7. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

You don't HAVE to sell it thru eBay. Sell it locally, for cold, hard cash in your hand. Craigslist, Gumtree, local papers and noticeboards are all options. Local colleges and universities always have people needing laptops.

I've brought a few things off eBay, but I would never buy a laptop there. I only buy second-hand laptops locally, where I can test and check them over before handing over my money.

8. jbrenn macrumors 6502a

I have sold a macbook pro on ebay. You can block bidders that do not have a paypal account. you can also block bidders in countries that you do not ship to. I set up the auction to block everyone that was not located in the united states.