Question Regarding ML Up-to-date Program

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by Newtype, Jun 13, 2012.

  1. Newtype macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2011
    Location:
    Vancouver BC
    #1
    Hi everyone.

    I decided to upgrade my 2010 MBA but I'm unsure whether I should wait till July for the ML release. My question is, if I were to buy the new MBA now with the free ML upgrade, and if I decide to sell it later say in one year, would my buyer be eligible for the upgrade as well? Or will the upgrade be part of my app store account?
     
  2. Hugh macrumors 6502a

    Hugh

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2003
    Location:
    Erie, PA
    #2
    The update will be done though the MAS (Mac App Store) using your account and tied to that machine, also the code for the free update code will only be good for some X days (What ever Apple says, that's what they did with Lion.).

    As for selling it with ML with it, I don't think that would be a good idea. If they need to reinstall ML they wouldn't be able to because it was done though your account, and I'm sure you don't want to give that out.

    Everyone says if you can't wait until July then get it now and use the code with ML comes out. If you can wait, then wait until ML comes out it most likely the Air will have ML on it already.

    Hugh
     

Share This Page