Question regarding Mobile Me web address.

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by TantalizedMind, Jul 5, 2009.

1. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

Hey guys. I have a 1 yr subscription sitting here next to me. I figure I should just start using it. I've had it for over a year but never used the code to start an account. It is actually a .Mac retail box, heh.

I did try a 30 day trial once. If I want my M.M name to be TantalizedMind.. would my friends just have to type something like me.com/tantalizedmind to see my uploaded webpage?

Because I believe I recall that during my trial when I clicked on the webpage it was a long complicated web address. Was that because it was a trail or what?

Thanks guys!

2. Snoopy5 macrumors newbie

The link you would send your friends would be

http://gallery.me.com/tantalizedmind (since that is your e-mail username)

Let me know if it works :)

3. Pooshka macrumors 65816

web.me.com/username
    gallery.me.com/username
    public.me.com/username
    etc.

4. TantalizedMind thread starter macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

Thanks Snoopy and Pooshka! That's just what I was hoping to hear. Sorry if my post was confusing. I forgot all about snazzy iWeb. I don't have it on my G5, so I am downloading iLife.

I am not sure if I would like tantalizedmind@mac.com or my-name@mac.com

I would like my Mac email address to sound pro'fresh but I don't like the idea of giving my name out to everyone just to receive an email.

We can choose between my-name@mac.com or my-name@me.com right?.. I hope so. I really want a .mac address.

5. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

No, there is only .me addresses now.

6. TantalizedMind thread starter macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

PLEASE BE WR:eek:NG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

How long do I get to keep my @mac.com address?
    As long as your account remains active, your @mac.com address will work as it always has. However, if your account is cancelled and you return later, you will only receive an @me.com address.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1932

8. TantalizedMind thread starter macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

:/ Well thanks anyways Ninja. lol. I guess someone had to break the ice. That's very disappointing.

Is there a cool app to make websites like iWeb built into mobile me or just iWeb itself in iLife?