Question regarding Mountain Lion, Parallels and Windows

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by koigirl, Jun 12, 2012.

1. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

I have a 2011 MBP successfully running Parallels 7 and Windows 7. I have finally convinced my husband to make the jump from PC to Mac :D and just ordered him a 13" MBA 256GB with 8MB RAM. I am going to order the Parallels bundle as soon as it arrives and was going to get on Amazon and order a single user copy of Windows 7. My question is: if he upgrades to Mountain Lion when it is released, will Mountain Lion be compatible with Windows 7 or will we have to purchase another copy of Windows (8)?

2. Newfiebill macrumors regular

Newfiebill

Works Fine on ML

I've been using Windows 7 and Windows 8 Pre-release with no issues at all. Actually the VM's are a bit snappier in ML. Parallels updated their software about a month ago so it could be used with ML. No worries here on my Early 2011 15" MBP. Recommend that you set it with 2GB RAM, 512 Video RAM and 2 Core CPU during the VM set-up procedure. There will be no issues running Windows 7.

3. koigirl thread starter macrumors 6502a

koigirl

Okay, one more question. I mentioned updating to Windows 8 later and he said he'd want to stay with Windows 7 as some of the company software he uses has just now been brought up to Windows 7 compatibility and who knows when it will become compatible with 8. Should I buy him the 32-bit or 64-bit copy of Windows 7 (I read in Amazon reviews that 32-bit is more backwards compatible)?

4. q64ceo macrumors regular

Unless if your husband runs Windows 3.11 designed programs, then go 64 bit