Question regarding mouse issue with MAC MINI

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by trek1500, Jul 14, 2008.

1. trek1500 macrumors member

trek1500

I just got a MAC MINI (2.0 Ghz) this weekend and was using a Dell corded mouse which was working fine most of the afternoon yesterday and all of a sudden I couldn't get the icons on the dock to work, i would click on them and nothing would happen. Also the Finder box was open on the desktop but
    the 3 buttons on the top left didn't have the + or - signs in them and wouldn't work at all..I tried rebooting and the command keys and nothing seemed to work..

I was getting so frustrated to the point of wanting to return the MINI when I decided to unplug the mouse and plug a Logitech wireless in it's place and lo and behold everything started working fine!

I was wondering if anyone else ever ran into this issue and why Apple's OS did not signal me that the mouse may have had an issue..

Not a good way to start off a relationship with this new MINI of mine....

2. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I have not had the issue with a Mac but I have with my Windows desktop. I couldnt click on stuff, so I tried a new mouse and it worked. OS X doesnt really warn you if your mouse dies, you should be able to tell. Just keep a backup mouse just incase.