Question regarding MPB fans (KDB04505HA)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Demosthenes, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Demosthenes macrumors newbie

I need to replace a fan from a Macbook Pro 17 inch, 2006 model I think (bought refurbished, long out of AppleCare).

Anyways, the fan I need to replace is model number KDB04505HA-but there are several models that show with that number, specifically this is a -6E68.

I've only seen it for sale on one site, which doesn't have this specific one in stock, but it has the -5M36 for sale... Everywhere else (such as eBay and the like) never even specifies beyond the model number, just says "right" or "left" (and I'm never sure what way they're looking at it-I've had this laptop facing every which way to get this fan out, I don't know which is "right" or "left").

Anyways, here's the site I was looking at: http://www.pchub.com/uph/model/0--10636-1/KDB04505HA-parts.html

Or if anyone could tell me whether any KDB04505HA would work, regardless of details, and which is "right" or "left" when that's all an eBay vendor says.

If I missed any information that you'd need let me know and if I can I'll let you know.

Alternatively, will this http://www.ifixit.com/MacBook-Parts/MacBook-Pro-17-Inch-Models-A1212-A1229-Right-Fan/IF187-029 work? It's not the same part, though it claims to serve the same function...

2. llyx macrumors newbie

Same issue

I just got the same issue, same context 17" refurb. Interesting no ?
    I preferred to ask for stock movement advise on the good part -6E68.
    If you do as well, it could push an inventory order ?
    I think the main issue could come from the 0.32A specification.

3. Demosthenes thread starter macrumors newbie

I ended up buying the fan from iFixit. It's worked fine for the last year.

4. yashrg macrumors regular

yashrg

I also see some replacement fans on Amazon and want to know how to decide which one is the right one for my 15" macbook pro.