Question Regarding Purchase Of Iphone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattydavis23, Aug 12, 2009.

1. mattydavis23 macrumors newbie

Hi there everyone i have a question regarding buying an Iphone 3GS, When i go to the Apple Store to purchase my Iphone do i have to take it to AT&T to activate it? Or can i use my friends AT&T sim card to use it to unlock it for use on T-Mobile?? Any Advice is much appreciated

Thanks!

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

You would activate it at the Apple Store via iTunes and if you are porting a number it may take longer, but at not time will you leave the Apple Store without activating it with AT&T. Your friends SIM card will do nothing for your situation....:(:(:(

3. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

There is a way to active your iPhone 3GS without going to an AT&T or Apple store and then unlocking it to be used with T-Mobile. I am saying it because a co-worker has just done that. I can ask him tomorrow if you want me to.

4. mattydavis23 thread starter macrumors newbie

If you could that would be great!!! I look forward to your response

5. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

If you buy at the Apple Store, you won't be leaving without activating the phone on a two year AT&T contract.

If you're planning on using it on T-Mobile, get ready to pay for the first month's service with AT&T plus the ETF.

6. mattydavis23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay i have another question for you, If i buy the Iphone from T-Mobile Germany, Will it work okay over here??

7. outphase macrumors 65816

You can have an AT&T customer get it at the no commitment price of $599/699.