Question regarding retail store availability

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by redsoxguy676, Sep 13, 2014.

1. redsoxguy676 macrumors regular

I plan on getting in line at my local at&t wireless store on friday morning to pick up a 6 space gray 16gb, id imagine this phone should be in pretty decent supply everywhere, but if worse comes to worse...

what is it like walking into say best buy and buying an ip6 off contract for $649 is that something they do at retail stores?

2. redsoxguy676 thread starter macrumors regular

3. westcoastcyc macrumors regular

I know Target won't sell a new iPhone 6 off contract, they will sell you a 5s off contract though. I would imagine some of the other big retailers would be the same. They make money from selling contracts, not selling the phones outright.

4. money9491 macrumors newbie

Will target sell a phone at full retail price if I'm on a contract but not eligible for a discounted upgrade yet? I'm on month 11 of a 2 year contract and want a 6+ and am willing to pay the full retail, but I'd like to get it from target to get my employee discount and redcard discount.

5. westcoastcyc macrumors regular

You would have to ask them.. I only inquired about buying a 5s a year ago off contract.. They offered to sell me a 5 off contract, but not the 5s.

6. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Supply is sold out. You'll be lucky to get one by Thanksgiving.

7. koolzero macrumors regular

My closest AT&T opens at 8am and I'm thinking about getting in line around 4am. I want a '+' 64GB or 128GB in space gray.

Think this would be early enough or are my chances of getting one nil?

8. redsoxguy676 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm going to be looking for a run of the mill 16 gb 6 in space grey, nothing too special, thats why I'm hoping there will be some of those to go around.

Iphone 4 is on its last legs and the home button no longer works haha

9. 617aircav Suspended

Going to my local Tmobile store at 6pm thursday. Will sit in my car till someone gets in line then my brother and myself will get in line. Trying to get one on finance and one without a plan.