question regarding screen resolution

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by gdeputy, Mar 5, 2011.

1. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

if i set my res. to 1280x800 is that what a 13" macbook pro would look like? I assume so since their both 13 inch?

If so, man, i was contemplating selling for a SB MBP but wow, that resolution is brutal!

2. Hands Sandon macrumors 6502

Just tried it and luckily for MBP owners it isn't. It's fuzzy on the Air which is very different to the sharp but pixelated MBP.

The detail on the 13" MBP's reminds me how the detail is on the iPad, ie crap, but good for photos (and yes I know the iPad has slightly more ppi than the 13" Air, but it doesn't seem like it to me because the Air's screen is further away).

3. gdeputy thread starter macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

4. aleni macrumors 68020

it will be a bit sharper than the air on 1280x800 because it's the native res for the MBP. but hell, i'll live with core 2 duo rather than the low resolution of MBP, because screen is one thing that i look everyday, not processor speed.

it all depends on your use though, if you are a light user, u might as well staying with the air.

the MBP with Hard disk will feel much much slower than the air, except you buy an SSD and put it on the MBP. it will scream!