Question regarding State Farm Iphone Insurance

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sd13, Jun 24, 2009.

1. sd13 macrumors regular

State Farm is providing me with insurance for my Iphone 3Gs 32gb. However, they can only insure $499 since that is what the invoice says. But lets say i lose or break it tomorrow...at&t is going to charge me $699 for a new iphone 32gb, correct? The state farm agent said that i need an invoice or a printout that my phones unsubsidized value is $699. I spoke to at&t customer service and they were completely clueless. First they said that there is no $699 price and then i asked them what would happen if i were to lose the phone and they said i cant get wouldnt be able to get another one at the 499 price cause thats only for early upgrades...any suggestions on what i should do??

2. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Try talking to another person or see if
    they list $699 somewhere on their website. Good luck!

3. sd13 thread starter macrumors regular

does anyone have ANY links to a $699 unsubsidized price link??? unfortunately i called at&t and apple a few times and noone has a clue.

4. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Actually the only situation in which you would have to pay $699 is in the event of loss.

In many cases AT&T will make an exception and sell you a new phone for another $499 and just re-up your contract.

If you break the phone, Apple will give you a new one for $199 or $299 assuming you surrender the old one.

5. Johnnybrav0 macrumors member

Go to an AT&T Store...they will have printed material...why are you even calling them???? Their CS sucks ass....

Or go to an Apple store and they could help you too...anything is better than calling AT&T CS....