Question regarding the Apple bumper.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Fugue, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Fugue macrumors 6502

I heard it leaves scratches on the antenna. Is this true?

If not, how would you rate this case?

Thanks

2. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I think that it does but because dirt gets between the case and the phone. You need to clean it often to avoid this.

3. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

its a decent bumper and it will scuff you antenna if you dont clean it out well, solution use a lucky labs wrap they are thin enough to not effect the fit and are cheap. the buttons on the bumper are some of the best feeling and respnsive buttons on any case i have used.

4. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

It's true. I had my bumper on for about 2 weeks before noticing a few couple small scuffs on the antenna band.

I'd rate it 7.5/10.

5. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Agreed 100%, a good alternative bumper would be the SGP Neo Hybrid Ex.

6. Joined:
    Jul 1, 2007
    Mine did the same thing. I plan to use Lucky Labs wrap under my next one.

7. zenio macrumors 6502

It's a glorified bandaid for a very poor design.

8. zenio macrumors 6502

My you're easy.

9. himesh macrumors regular

This thread shows the damage to the phone one person had, I have had the bumper on mine since December I think and not damaged it at all.

10. kicko macrumors 65816

I had the same concern but I bought the SGP Steinheil EX Ultra Crystal Clear set that includes front x2 back x2 and the sides x 2 all for $25 which I thought was a good deal. I put the sides on last night and the bumper fits just fine over them, it does make it a little tighter so removal might need a little more force but it also makes it less likely to move around on the sides.

The point of the bumper is really to "fix" the antenna issue and not offer much protection at all. Dont even look at it if thats what your looking for, its a huge waste of $30!