Question regarding the Mac Home Directory

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by psik, Aug 21, 2007.

1. psik macrumors 6502

Hi,

I recently enabled a "Guest" Account to allow other users to use my macbook.
    I have also limited their access using the Account Pane.
    The problem is that, as you can see in the Screenshot, they are allow access to Folders that I MYSELF created in my Admin Home Directory. However they are not allowed access to the Home Directories that originate initially with the Mac such as Documents/Libarry/Movies/Music,
    BUt if I create a folder called say Warez and then I login as a Guest I can actually access Warez, copy the files to my desktop (login as Guest) and to an extent play around and execute them...well you see in the screenshot the "Shared" folder, there is music files in there and I can view any of them in iTunes...
    So how do I make the folders that I MAKE in my admin Home Directory like those that originally come in the HOme Directory..
    The screenshot is me logged in as guest and Guest being able to access folders other than those that initially came in the HOme Directory.

Attached Files:

2. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

While logged into your Admin account, select each folder and choose File > Get Info from the menu bar, under Ownership & Permissions click the triangle to show the Details. Then, you want to change the Others: option to No Access.

3. psik thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you very much ! ! ! That is SICK :)