Question regarding the MBP and Apple Display Applecare bundle

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jiten, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Jiten macrumors 6502a

Jiten

I have noticed that on the Applecare package for the Macbook Pro you can also insure an additional Apple monitor. Which means that if you purchase a Macbook Pro and a Apple Cinema Display at the same time you can get the Macbook Pro Applecare and insure them both, right?

Now what if I purchase the Macbook Pro first and after 3 months get a Apple Cinema display. Can I buy Applecare and insure them both? Or is it mandatory for me to buy both items at the same time for both items to qualify for the Applecare bundle? And should the registration for Applecare for both items can only be done during/shortly after time of purchase to qualify for the bundle? TIA :apple:

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

For AppleCare to be applied to both products they have to either be the same purchase date or on the same receipt. If purchased on different receipts, at different times, there is an AppleCare plan solely for a display but its $99. Its better to take the $349 hit rather than $349+$99. If you get AppleCare from Ebay it'll be even cheaper.