Question: Regarding Unlocked iPhone 4 with AT&T sim

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by UrbanGrafix, Jul 12, 2010.

1. UrbanGrafix macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am traveling to the USA in just under a month, I have a AT&T microsim and I wanted to know is it possible to put the sim into my iPhone 4 when I arrive, activate the sim online using their activation process (https://www.wireless.att.com/activations/).

Select Pay as you Go (apparently if you enter a fake IMEI it lets you use this process on the iPhone) and then add data etc to my sim and then cancel it when I leave.

If anyone has any experience or might be able to help, it would be greatly appreciated.

2. UrbanGrafix thread starter macrumors newbie

Giving a bump before zzz. Ty if anyone replies

3. Fabienne macrumors 65816

Fabienne

I think your best bet is to ask AT&T from their website. They can give you all of the info on that. You guys can have unlocked phones without a hassle, lucky you.

4. UrbanGrafix thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow that was quick, yea unlocked but VERY expensive sans contract.

I was unsure whether or not to post on an AT&T forum in case it was a loophole as well I would rather it not be plugged up before I arrive.

5. Fabienne macrumors 65816

Fabienne

Well, best of luck with the open loopholes quest. It looks like they had the Loophole Posse out a few months ago and La Dolce Vita is gone now, amigo for instance tethering and unlimited data). But, overall you can what you are willing to pay for, and there seems to be an option to pro rate so ask about that. Good luck.

6. UrbanGrafix thread starter macrumors newbie

Money isnt the biggest issue where I was going to have to pay $110usd for any decent data via mrsimcard.com (the 19.99 for 100mb is a bit ott on AT&T though) but if I can get anything better I will be more than happy.

Thanks for the info, time for a snooze (need beauty sleep for my bday tomorrow lol)