Question regarding upgrade from 1st to 3rd gen iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ok3wire, Jun 15, 2009.

1. ok3wire macrumors member

I've preordered the new 3GS iPhone and am patiently( :) ) waiting along with everyone else. I've long been an AT&T wireless customer and my 1st gen phone has never been hacked or jailbroken in any way. I have a couple of questions regarding the switchover:

1) Will the new phone come with a new SIM card, or will I just swap out the card from old 1st gen iPhone?

2) If some catastrophe were to befall my new iPhone, but the SIM card was undamaged, would I be able to pop the SIM card into my old phone and immediately have phone service?

3) If the answer to question number 2 is a yes, then is there any reason I couldn't swap the SIM card between the phones at will, as often as I wish?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Yes, and activation will move your service to the new SIM, and the old one will be deactivate, but can be reactivated for a new account.

Yes, because your old iPhone was activated in iTunes, it should work. It would also work with any unlocked phone or phone for your carrier. I still use my V180 from time to time because it is safer than using my iPhone in some places.

Nothing preventing it, as I said like I do with my V180.

TEG

3. ok3wire thread starter macrumors member