Question regarding upgrading to iOS7

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by lightnight, Jan 19, 2014.

1. lightnight macrumors newbie

I'm currently curious about upgrading to iOS7. I am currently on iOS 6.1. If I were to upgrade to iOS7 and wish to downgrade to iOS 6.1, all I need is the saved SHSH blob or whatever it is called? I have one stored on my computer from when it was still being signed. How would one go about restoring to 6.1 with the SHSH blob?

Also, I was wondering if it would be better to attempt to sell my device as 6.1 with Jailbreak as I know there are still holdouts, and iPhone 5 (the phone I have) is the strongest phone that can do iOS6.x. Would this be something I should look into or try iOS7 first to see if I even like it before contemplating selling?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. lightnight thread starter macrumors newbie

Even with the SHSH blob? Can I ask what the purpose of the SHSH blob is for then? I thought that was why I had made it in the past, but I suppose I could have been confused to the entire situation haha. Thank you for your help!

4. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

just upgrade to ios7 it is way better than 6 and a lot less flaws-you'll be satisfied
    i wasn't sure i like ios7 at first and now im sad i cant get it on my itouch 4g and can only do it on my iphone and ipad.

5. curiosity macrumors regular

I recently did some research and this is what I know: SHSH blobs only work for iPhone 4. No hacker has cracked the protection of iPhone 4s and later yet. You can save blobs in hope of a future hack but until then they are of no use.

----------

I wouldn't do that. At least wait for 7.1 and see if things got fixed and improved.

6. lightnight thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha. I've been burned in the past with upgrades on other devices for other things (decreased functionality of some obscure setting or something I like that I can't anticipated or change)/

I didn't realize they were for iPhone 4 only. I was hoping they worked with later devices. Oh well I suppose. I'll continue waiting to see what the future holds. Thanks you guys!

7. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

There isn't any decreased functionality-u paid for your device, now go make the most of it.