Question regarding upgrading to iPhone 4G in June

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marddin, May 24, 2010.

1. marddin macrumors 6502

If and when the new iphone comes out I do want to get it but I'm going to need a little extra cash to buy it so I'm going to sell my iphone 3gs 16gb on craiglist or something. I will use an old ATT phone until the release of the new iphone arrives.

do you think i will have to pay any extra fees when i go up to the att store and camp out to upgrade to the iPhone 4G??

I'm starting to think I shouldnt sell my phone because they won't allow me to upgrade since my 2 year contract is defintly not up because i've gotten the new iphone on opening day each year.

help please?

2. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I'm sure, as they've done in the past, AT&T will allow an early upgrade clause for the new iPhone. The only fee I can picture now is the $18 upgrade fee which is standard, but some have managed to get it waive by making a big to do about it. Good luck.

3. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I figure an upgrade price will come out but it will not be a full discount for those that just bought the 3GS.

4. marddin thread starter macrumors 6502

I figured they would allow early upgrade because of the new iphone. I have gotten every new iPhone on the first day and never been charged any massive upgrade fees besides the $18 you said.

Thank you for the prompt reply!!

5. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

The following post assumes thAt the pricing of the next iPhone is the same as the current iPhone.
    If you buy completely off-contract ($699-$799) there will not be any additional fees besides your local tax.
    If you buy using an early upgrade ($399-$499) you will have to pay $18 and your local taxes and extend your contract further.

6. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

If you've upgraded every year, you already know how it goes. Why are you asking?

Call AT&T and they will tell you if you are elligible this year.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Hell, all the OP has to do is logon to AT&T Wireless and he can check his availability.

8. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

We really need a stickied master "iPhone upgrade discussion" thread for the next couple of months.

9. cobie454 macrumors regular

cobie454