Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chaostrick

macrumors newbie
Original poster
I purchased a Refurb 16GB IPhone 3G from the ATT website Tues. It arrived earlier today via UPS. I have read on here that the warranty is more than the 90 days claimed by ATT, so I went to the Apple website to check out the warranty details:

"Our records indicate that your product is covered under Apple's Limited Warranty which is estimated to expire on May 01, 2010.

Your product is eligible for complimentary phone support which is estimated to expire on July 31, 2009."

I'm not sure I completely understood what its telling me. I get the first piece, but What is "complimentary phone support?" And secondly, I bought a refub, but the warranty last beyond a year??

Any help is appreciated.

Jeremy08

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2008
I purchased a Refurb 16GB IPhone 3G from the ATT website Tues. It arrived earlier today via UPS. I have read on here that the warranty is more than the 90 days claimed by ATT, so I went to the Apple website to check out the warranty details:

"Our records indicate that your product is covered under Apple's Limited Warranty which is estimated to expire on May 01, 2010.

Your product is eligible for complimentary phone support which is estimated to expire on July 31, 2009."

I'm not sure I completely understood what its telling me. I get the first piece, but What is "complimentary phone support?" And secondly, I bought a refub, but the warranty last beyond a year??

Any help is appreciated.

Well your phone is covered with the limited warranty...for any manufacturers defects etc. But you won't be able to call in and get trouble shooting for free, say you don't know how to set up your calender on your iPhone, or change your ringer?? I mean seriously, i don't know who would ever need the phone support if you buy the phone for the functionality, but then again...Anyway...if you know what you are doing with your phone, you are good, and i even think you could still buy apple care and extend that year warranty for 2 years...good luck with your new phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.