Question regarding warranty on the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by edwardlanti, Sep 24, 2007.

1. edwardlanti macrumors regular

I have an iPhone that I bought last week. I unlocked it and everything and I am using it with Tmobile...I am having battery issues, it is draining too quick so I called the apple store and they told me to make an appointment at the genie bar...so my question is, When I take my phone in...should I restore it and just leave it how it came? cause If I do that, how am I going to explain to them the problem? have any of you guys been to the store lately with something similar? I would appreciate any suggestions..

2. tsvb macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure they won't look at it if it is unlocked and being used with another carrier.

:(

3. oxeneers macrumors member

Just restore it and activate it through independence and put the AT&T sim in there and show them that way. Its your only option

4. edwardlanti thread starter macrumors regular

But I think if you do that...does the "iphone is still not activated" comes up? or couldnt it be better if I call applecare?

5. edwardlanti thread starter macrumors regular

Hey guys....just an update...I just came from the apple store and they did exchange the iPhone for a new one...I just restore the phone and left it how it came from the factory...I just went up to the cashier and told her that I wanted to exchange it cause I was having battery issues "that is draining too quick" she said ok...took the phone to the backroom and came back with a new iPhone wrapped...maybe this help someone that is having battery issues and has the phone unlocked...

6. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

How did you determine that it was "draining too quick" ?

(The first couple of charges will only take it to about 70%. )

7. edwardlanti thread starter macrumors regular

well I had the phone for exactly one week....I would unplug the phone at 8am and go to work..I'll watch 30min of video, send 3 text message and no phone call...by 1pm the phone already was at 50%...wasnt that bad?

8. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Sounds pretty bad to me.

9. showtime macrumors 6502

Wow that was pretty lucky. So for those who weren't as fortunate and they actually checked your phone what did you guys do?