Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PfEMP1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2015
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hey there, so I am currently trying to decide what to upgrade my trusty old D200 to - bank account says D7200 and a decent (f2.8) lens, but I really want to go full frame, so that would probably be the D750. Would love the D800, but cant really justify that amount of cash for being an enthusiast.

The question is regarding warranty - Im more than likely going to get teh camera in teh Uk, but as I live in DK what does that mean for warrenty? To confuse matters more (potentially), there's the possibility of going to the US in the next 6 months or so with work which would mean the opportunity of getting a camera there - just not sure I want to wait that long as I feel im missing out on a lot of shots due to the poor light sensitivity of the D200.

So far ive not needed to have any repairs done to my camera, but just wanted to know if anyone had experience with warranty issues between countries?

Cheers!

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Hey there, so I am currently trying to decide what to upgrade my trusty old D200 to - bank account says D7200 and a decent (f2.8) lens, but I really want to go full frame, so that would probably be the D750. Would love the D800, but cant really justify that amount of cash for being an enthusiast.

The question is regarding warranty - Im more than likely going to get teh camera in teh Uk, but as I live in DK what does that mean for warrenty? To confuse matters more (potentially), there's the possibility of going to the US in the next 6 months or so with work which would mean the opportunity of getting a camera there - just not sure I want to wait that long as I feel im missing out on a lot of shots due to the poor light sensitivity of the D200.

So far ive not needed to have any repairs done to my camera, but just wanted to know if anyone had experience with warranty issues between countries?

Cheers!
If you buy in one country but export it to another, Nikon will treat it as a grey import and you might not get the warranty upheld.

If you buy it in one country (and register it there), but then move you should be ok if you explain you have moved (with evidence).
As for FF verses £££ why not look at the D610? Cheaper than the D750, but still FF.

PfEMP1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2015
Copenhagen, Denmark
Thanks for the info - I'm not really wanting to pay DK prices (lenses are comparable, bodies are about £150-200 cheaper in UK) and just hoping there's some good deals when I go back home at christmas time.

As for FF verses £££ why not look at the D610? Cheaper than the D750, but still FF.
I had thought about the D610, but heard more than a few people complain about the static sensor and that low light of the D750 is better.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
If it was an Apple product that you bought from the US then I would say yes because the Apple Store in the UK will honor the warrantee. I've read if you purchase in the US, you could ship the camera to a friend in the US and have them help you or if you travel to the states frequently. But again both options cost.

The holidays are coming up. I was looking at what the UK stores were selling. Calumet has a sweet deal on D610. They offer the D610 with a battery and grip. £1499 ($2280)

If you are set on getting the D750 then buy it. I love mine. The shutter is fast. I chose it over the D610 because of the tilt screen and HD video. I've been waiting to go FF and when the D600 came out I was ready but wanted to wait. After buying the D90 when it came out, I wasn't in a huge rush to go full frame. I'm glad I waited. The D750 fits my needs a little more than the D610. What I've noticed so far is that I would need a second battery and large SD cards. Also, I needed some nice glass too. The stereo mic input is a plus. Down the road I'm picking up a external mic. If you are going to purchase a D750 or D610 make sure you have all the accessories in your bag to help you with shooting.

Last edited:

PfEMP1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2015
Copenhagen, Denmark
The holidays are coming up. I was looking at what the UK stores were selling. Calumet has a sweet deal on D610. They offer the D610 with a battery and grip. £1499 ($2280)

Jessops are doing an even better deal - £1049 and you can send away for a free battery grip from Nikon. The reasons im thinking more the D750 is due to the people i know having D600/10 have lots of issues with dust on the sensor.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Jessops are doing an even better deal - £1049 and you can send away for a free battery grip from Nikon. The reasons im thinking more the D750 is due to the people i know having D600/10 have lots of issues with dust on the sensor.
I think the dust issue (which was oil not dust actually) was on the D600. The D610 was the fix.
I got the D750 as the tilt screen is excellent for macro.
I'd skip the battery grip and go for cash back instead (assuming you still have that option) as the grip just adds bulk, and I have never run out of juice on one battery. Also my D7100 uses the same battery which is handy.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
The cashback deal isn't available for the pricier Nikons, at least not at Jessops, just the option of a free handgrip.
Fair enough. When I got mine (from Calumet) you got the choice of battery grip, cash back or training.
Calumet are doing interest free credit if your interested on orders over £500.

PfEMP1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2015
Copenhagen, Denmark
Fair enough. When I got mine (from Calumet) you got the choice of battery grip, cash back or training.
Calumet are doing interest free credit if your interested on orders over £500.

Yeah the deals keep changing, which is kinda annoying. Think the best plan is to get camera in the UK as if i do need something done to the camera, it's not too far away.

Surprised to see there's not much in the prices with Calumet, they always used to run a little pricier - then again, I was restricted when I was shooting film.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Yeah the deals keep changing, which is kinda annoying. Think the best plan is to get camera in the UK as if i do need something done to the camera, it's not too far away.

Surprised to see there's not much in the prices with Calumet, they always used to run a little pricier - then again, I was restricted when I was shooting film.

I always keep an eye on here.

http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/Nikon/Nikon-Digital-SLRs

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.