Question regarding WWDC and Product releases

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by indiochano, May 28, 2009.

1. indiochano macrumors regular

Ok, so the thing is that i'm waiting for a MBP refresh at the WWDC and i'm wondering once the MBP's are announced, will they be available for immediate purchase? or will I have to wait a certain amount of time before I get to order one?

2. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

I'm no psychic, but I think they will announce it, give us some time to drool, then release it, probably a month or so after WWDC.

3. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

It depends. Usually products announced are released that day or later in the week. Sometimes, products are announced, but not released for a couple weeks (or even months which was the case for the first generation iPhone).

I would think if a MacBook Pro is announced, it would be released that day.

4. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Personally, I'm expecting processor and RAM bumps either the week before or the week after WWDC. They're not going to devote the keynote to mere processor bumps, and I don't expect any revolutionary tech advances to the Macbook or Macbook Pro lines. We might see the Macbook Air mentioned at WWDC if it gets 3g, but I somehow doubt it. It will more likely be covered by a press release along with the other laptops.

WWDC is going to be devoted to the new iPhone, iPhone OS 3, and Snow Leopard. I don't anticipate anything else.

5. okgsds macrumors newbie

I agree with SwiftLives, the major things at WWDC will be iPhone 3 gen, iPhone 3.0 software, & Snow Leopard. After all WWDC is World Wide Developers Conference.

6. Jigsawjammer macrumors regular

If they announce a release date for SL and you buy as MB after it, do they offer a discounted upgrade policy?

I thought I've seen people mention that around here but have they actually done it?

7. iMacmatician macrumors 601

I completely agree, except for the release date prediction. Although I consider the week before WWDC as probable, I think a later update date is also possible.

8. indiochano thread starter macrumors regular

Well the thing is that I'm not looking for some revolutionary update, im just interested in even a slight speed bump in order to have the latest macbook pro without having some sort of buyer's remorse :p

9. indiochano thread starter macrumors regular

guess the wait was worth it... waited until mid august to get the unibody macbook pro @2.8 ghz WITH matte screen... definitely worth the wait. couldn't be happier with the system... also got snow leopard and running fast as hell