Question reguarding funds to get another ipad....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by The Game 161, Mar 31, 2011.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Not sure here

but I ordered my ipad 2 online and have not cancelled my order and will consider if it becomes available to reserve and collect an ipad from my apple store on their website...would I need to have at least £800 in my account to do this? I know I havn't paid for my online order yet but do they freeze the money so if I bought another one would I have enough funds for it?

2. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

What?

Yes, you need the cost of the iPad in your account to buy the iPad. The money shouldn't be deducted from the online order until it ships.

3. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

The website puts a hold on your card as soon as you place an order but after about 3 days, if the item has not shipped they release the hold. As soon as the item is ready to ship, they will charge your card.

The only issues would be if your iPad prepared to ship before you made the purchase at the apple store..or if you don't cancel your online order after buying from the apple store.

4. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Well it's not set to ship till the 15th of april so should be ok then.

5. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

That hold can trigger a fraud alert on your account, YMMV. Did for me on my credit card since Apple made three holds, two for small amounts like 1.00, and then the hold for the full amount of the iPad.

I say just check on it after you order to be safe.

6. vladtheimpaler macrumors regular

vladtheimpaler

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

There is no need to guess. If you call your CC company up they'll tell you what your available credit limit is. That # takes any holds into acct. Same goes if you used a debit card.