Question reguarding january update

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by lesfleanut, Mar 26, 2008.

1. lesfleanut macrumors newbie

I know this has definitely been answered probably multiple times on this forum, but I did a search and couldn't find an answer. So please, show some mercy on my poor searching ability soul.

Anywho, I'm currently running 1.1.4 (with software upgrade) on my 8GB touch and I'm interested in JBing it. What I want to know is if I will be able to get the january update for free once I decide to un-jailbreak it.... Saaay when the SDK comes out. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

- Tom

2. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

So, you have an 8 gig with the Jan apps, correct?

You want to JB? When you do, the apps will be there, and when you restore they will come back as well. As long as you are logged in to the iTunes account you bought the apps with.

I think that answers your question as I understood it.

But, if you're talking about JB'ing and adding the App pack for free, those will be gone when you restore do "legit" firmware.

I hope that helps you :)

3. lesfleanut thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome, so as long as I log into the itunes account I purchased the apps from I can download them whenever I need to? That's all I need, because I want to JB until 2.0 comes out and then I will un-JBing and switching to 2.0, but I will need those apps and I don't want to spend another 20 bucks on them. Thanks for the help and the quick response.

4. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

Yeah iTunes saves the update to your account so when you restore it adds the aps to your iPod.... Been here, done this haha

5. tacofreak macrumors member

Yeah I want to do the same thing but im pretty sure that itunes checks for purchases and if anything that isnt there itunes will install it so yea just JBed it on 1.1.4 with ZiPhone and it was so easy:D