Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
bosrs1 said:
Winter or Spring of 2006/7. Probably around March based on how confident everyone seems. Apparently they've had a few delays but nothing on the scale we've seen coming out of Redmond.

And as for the Mac Pro, it's not going to be Conroe or his buddies in the tower... we're getting something, unique.

Arrr I can't wait until WWDC!! Can you at least tell me it's at least 3 ghz?

maybe we'll get our 3 ghz G5's...just kidding.

laughingbabe16

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2006
Could someone please explain to a newbie what this new Leopard thing is? And Vista? Sorry for troubling question, but this seems very interesting.:D

idea_hamster

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2003
NYC, or thereabouts
laughingbabe16 said:
Could someone please explain to a newbie what this new Leopard thing is? And Vista? Sorry for troubling question, but this seems very interesting.:D
Vista is Microsoft's upcoming version of Windows (to replace XP).
Leopard (aka OS X 10.5) is Apple's upcoming version of OS X (to replace Tiger, aka, OS X 10.4)

4God said:
Agreed. I wish they could release the Mac Pros and Leopard together though.
That would be a stellar event. ;)
Disagree -- each one of these things should be its own "Oh, and one more thing...." ;)

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
laughingbabe16 said:

Leopard is the next major operating system upgrade for Apple Computers. Current Apple Computers (purchased around or after May of last year) use an operating system called Tiger.

Other PC Manufacturers currently use Windows XP as their major operating system (you probably already know that...) Anyway, Microsoft also plans to make a substantial upgrade to Windows XP in the coming months (hopefully) - it's next operating system release will be called Windows Vista.

Typically, Apple releases operating systems more frequently than does Microsoft. For example, in the time Microsoft has released Windows XP and Windows Vista, Apple will have released 5 operating system upgrades.

Leopard and Vista will, however, be released around the same time - late 2006/early 2007 - meaning that Apple users will finally be able to do a direct comparison with PC operating system offerings.

Both Leopard and Vista will include speedy-searching, virtual folders, rich-graphics user interfaces, and other next-generation Operating System features.

At the moment, however, the only realy facts we know about Leopard is that it will incorporate a way for Mac Users to install Windows on the computer. And that's about it...

...when it comes to Vista, on the other hand, we know exactly what is included. Visit microsoft.com for specific features.

Hope this helps :) .

EDIT: Well it looks like idea_hamster beat me to it, but my answer kicks his one's butt...;)

zephead

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2006
in your pants
AvSRoCkCO1067 said:
...when it comes to Vista, on the other hand, we know exactly what is included. Visit microsoft.com for specific features.
Unless they need to cut more features out just so it can it arrive by mid-2007. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.