Question repair

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Andreea98, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Andreea98 macrumors newbie

Andreea98

How bad is this? The laptop is still working, but I'm wondering whether or not these wires that seem to come out of it could cause a serious problem. Screen Shot 2016-06-16 at 23.50.02.png Screen Shot 2016-06-16 at 23.49.45.png

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I'm actually a lot more worried about the bottom panel being bowed out and not fitting cleanly. Looks like something got just crammed into the case when it was put back together and it didn't quite fit.

3. mfram macrumors 65816

That looks like the battery is expanding. That's a sign of a failing battery. I'd get it replaced ASAP or it may damage other components of the laptop leading to more expensive repairs.

4. Fishrrman macrumors G3

Agree with mfram above.

Which MacBook is it?
    Is it still under warranty?
    Do you have a brick-n-mortar Apple Store anywhere nearby?

If so, take it to them for an examination.

5. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

The battery is at the front of the computer, under the trackpad. That picture is the back, near the hinge. This isn't a battery bulge as it wouldn't bulge in that location.

This looks like the person doing the repair wasn't horribly careful with reconnecting cables, one is now frayed and connected improperly and is causing the bulge.

6. mfram macrumors 65816

Good point didn't notice it was near the hinge. I wonder if the computer was dropped.