Question(s) about Student ADC

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Leshita, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Leshita macrumors newbie

Hmm, not sure if my first post being a question is a good impression or not (long time lurker), but here it goes. :p

I have a question regarding the student ADC discount eligibility period. Let's say I register for the ADC on February 13th 2010 and confirmed my student status with Apple ADC, what happens if I graduate before the 1 year membership period is over? Moreover, do I need to be taking a full-time course load to qualify?
    Common sense tells me I will still be eligible to make my ADC discount purchase anytime before February 13th 2011, but I just want to double check.

Also, does the 1 system purchase limit mean I have to make all my purchases (ie. MBP + Cinema Display, Airport Extreme) all in 1 order? If so, do you guys think it will be possible to have my order separated (to 2 different addresses)?

Sorry for all these questions, but I just want to make sure before I make a giant purchase to go along with my Mac Mini. :)

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Once you're registered for the year, it's a "don't ask/don't tell" about your student status on a particular day.

Student status verification on the regular ed store is simply checking a box saying yes you are a student and yes you will provide proof of student status if asked. I don't see the student dev store being more rigorous than that.

3. Leshita thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot for the reply, I'm trying to see if I should get the MBP with the discount (after the next update... hopefully this month) or wait it out to order more things (display, Mac Pro perhaps, since the discount is greater on the Mac Pro I think). :)

4. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

IIRC the student dev store does in fact ask for a scan of a schedule and photo ID for verification purposes. I don't remember if the verification takes place before a purchase or upon joining.

5. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I know that they all have to be on the same order. I hope that helped.