Question: Save money now or later?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Septembersrain, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I have a co-worker selling an iPhone 5s gold 16GB for Boost Mobile (The carrier I work for) for $400. Problem is that Sprint or their subsidiaries have issues with getting phones unlocked. They also seem to lose their value the quickest in the market.

So should I just stick with the 5c I've got on that carrier and spend a tad more to get an unlocked version?

Is there a difference between Verizons model and the unlocked version that can be bought from Apple?

Thanks.

2. I7guy macrumors G5

The unlock Verizon model can be used on any carrier except Sprint while the unlocked AT&T model cannot be used on Verizon. It would seem at this point in time that buying the unlocked verizon model from the Apple store is the gold standard and the best way to go. Note there is no locked Verizon model when you buy the phone from the Apple store.

3. aneftp macrumors 68040

Agreed. With ATT cracking down on illegal unlocks. If u are paying full price for phone (or getting it on black market). Target the Verizon iPhone 5C or 5S for the most flexibility.

All verizon 5c/5s are sold gsm/HSPA/lte unlocked out of the box subsidize or nob subsidized.

I am glad I have Verizon iPhone 5S I generally use on ATT lte network.

4. Septembersrain thread starter Contributor

Septembersrain

5. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

6. Septembersrain thread starter Contributor

Septembersrain

I have a Note 3 for T-Mobile and my job doesn't sell them. So I was unable to make use of my unlimited data as I couldn't use that phone on the sales floor. I've only got 2.5 gb on Boost Mobile with my 5c. So I got the unlocked 5s to use at work since we sell them too.

A little jailbreak hack and you'd never know it wasn't Boost Mobile! Two iPhones and I can enjoy them both now.