Question: Selling a Refurb??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jeremy08, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Jeremy08 macrumors regular

Ok, I am going to try and make this as simple as possible.

My girlfriend and I have droid incredibles. We have had TONS of issues with the screen waking up during a call, thus causing us to inadvertently hangup/mute/speakerphone people. TOTALLY ANNOYING!!

Needless to say, after a couple of calls to Verizon, I finally convinced them to let us do an early upgrade to iPhone 4's. They had offered me samsung continuums, as well as warranty replacements, both of which I declined. Finally, I was able to get on the phone with a reasonable individual, who was willing to help me out. We got the iPhones ordered and they arrived today. (They actually showed up in a box together, WITHOUT any packing material. They are literally just bouncing around the inside of the box, we haven't opened them yet, but hopefully there won't be any problems...Jeez Verizon, get it together, sending out like $1500 in phones with no padding?? Ouch.)

Anyway, my girlfriend and I had planned on just using Verizon's trade in program, and getting a couple of $100 giftcards we could use towards our iPhones. Today I realized we could probably sell them on ebay/craigslist and make more. And as I thought about it, what would make the most since, was to go ahead and get the refurbs Verizon had offered me for the incredibles, and try to sell them, as they will be in perfect condition, and likely yield me the most profit. I went ahead and made the call to Verizon and was able to get them to set up the refurbs, as the phones are still under warranty, and they already offered to replace them. I figure this is well within my rights since I purchased the phones, and they are still covered. The representative didn't seem to disagree, so it all worked out.

Like I said, we already received the iPhone 4's. My impression is that once we activate our iPhones, our contracts will be extended. The droid incredibles are set to arrive tomorrow. I want to sell the droids, as I said before. But my impression, after calling a couple of Verizon stores around town, is that I have to activate the refurbs on my account, before selling them. Otherwise I may risk selling them, and then have the person I sell them to end up activating them on my account. So if I activate my iPhones tonight, then activate the Droids tomorrow...I am assuming ill have to then go and reactivate the iPhones in order to get the droids to a spot where they can be sold. My question: Do you think it will be necessary to activate the droids? My main worry is that something might change on the billing side of things with all the activations/reactivations. Thoughts?:confused:

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Based on your recent thread, sounds like a bad idea.

3. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

You DID check the date before you posted, right? :p

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Yes, actually it's a sidethread on the OPs most recent $900 problem.
    Verizon fraud!! Help!!

5. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Oh okay, didn't mean to be rude! I was just wondering why a 6502a would dig up a buried thread. :p Carry on!