Question: sharing iMovie to iDvd

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jbsteven, Nov 23, 2008.

1. jbsteven macrumors newbie

Have posted in the past regarding incorporating a couple of VHS home videos into a short slideshow/video project using iDvd.

The general concensus was to purchase a Canopus 110 to get the VHS videos into iMovie. In the meantime, while waiting for the Canopus unit to arrive,
    I had created an iDvd slideshow with still photos, music, theme, etc

The challenge now that I have imported the home video clip into an iMovie project.....is that I cannot seem to "share" the iMovie home video clip to the EXISTING iDvd project. Will only share to a new project.

Im completely frustrated, not sure what Im doing here....obviously....this is where I eventually turn just before Im ready to use the iMac as a speed bump.

Any help will be appreciated.
    thanks.

2. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

"Share" your edited movie to the desktop as a DV stream at best quality. Then use the Import or Add Movie commands in iDVD to get your movie into your DVD project. I like Add Movie: it drops a menu item for the new movie onto your DVD menu which you can then rename & reformat, and then if you enter the DVD Map view you can simply drag and drop your movie file across.

Andrew.

3. jbsteven thread starter macrumors newbie

Sharing iMovie to iDvd: response

Courtaj,
    thanks for reply. I did attempt to share the iMovie to the desktop but under the share tab there was not an option for desktop. Although I was able to send the iMovie to a movie file folder then drag the clip into the iDvd slideshow.

I have two questions:

1, I didnt see an option for "best quality"

2. when I play the movie clip back some parts of the audio (music track) of the vhs homevideo clip stutter.

any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks.