Question: Test Drive T-Mobile w/ Verizon iP6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jasonc11, Oct 31, 2014.

1. jasonc11 macrumors newbie

Hi all -

Asked this in a thread earlier in the week but it got burred...so reposting to find out before I damage my iPhone 6.

I have a Verizon iPhone 6 that keeps dropping calls and having coverage issues so thinking about trying out a T-mobile sim that I have.

- If I pop the T-mobile sim in am I doing any damage to network settings or otherwise that make the phone work on Verizon usually?

- With T-Mobile if I do pre-paid to test the service, does that include their Wifi Calling?

Thank you in advance for your help!

2. ag29 macrumors 6502

If you haven't had dropped calls before, then the problem is VoLTE. If you have a weak LTE connection, then you will constantly experience dropped calls due to VoLTE. To disable it just go to Settings > Cellular > Enable LTE and make sure its set to Data Only.

To answer your questions, yes you can pop in a t-mobile sim no problem. It will work absolutely fine.

Wifi calling does work on prepaid.

It would be easier for you to just try T-mobile's test drive, they send you a iphone 5s and you can use the heck out of it for 7 days. It'd be a much better idea to do so as you could have your Verizon phone side by side with the T-mobile phone and easily compare which one has better service.

3. jasonc11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you

Yeah, not on VoLTE and have a 3G extender...very frustrating that calls fade in and out while sitting at one location!