Question the Latest Apple TV does not support HDR10 right?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by TheRealAlex, Jul 21, 2017.

1. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

I am very interested in purchasing an Apple TV but I doubt it supports HDR10. They really need to Update this. Or have I missed something.

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

No.
    Apple is not really an image quality company...

3. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Not only does it not support HDR10 it does not support basic 4K.

4. Joined:
    Jun 28, 2017
    Maybe it does not support 4K right now but it seems to do everything else right! Perfect UI, reliable, great design.
    If it's 4K that you want and your eyes can see the difference that HDR brings, then wait until September (only 6 weeks away) for the possible new Apple TV.
    I'm sure that when it launches, people will then moan that their WiFi is slow, it buffer or they won't pay the price of 4K films. :)
    To me, the Apple TV is perfect!

5. Rigby macrumors 601

If anything, they should support both HDR10 and Dolby Vision (which is superior and more future-proof than HDR10).

6. RamGuy macrumors 6502a

RamGuy

Just be patient. We will most likely see a Apple TV Gen.5 supporting 4K and HDR (who knows what spec) later this year. Tim Cook specifically said during the WWDC'17 keynote that they would have much more to talk about regarding Apple TV later this year. And they talked a lot about HEVC/H265, DCI-P3/Wide-Colour Gamut etc at WWDC'17 so it seems like a new Apple TV is right around the corner. What else could they possibly refer to by saying they have much more to talk about regarding the Apple TV later this year?

7. McScooby macrumors 6502a

"It's just a hobby & an area of huge intense interest"?:eek::rolleyes::D

8. Krevnik macrumors 68040

Krevnik

It hasn't been refreshed in 2 years. The OS hasn't laid the groundwork to even attempt to go this route until iOS/tvOS 11.

If anything is coming, it's in the next 12 months, possibly late this year.