Question to posible macbook pro 2011!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LiienW87, Dec 18, 2010.

1. LiienW87, Dec 18, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2010

LiienW87 macrumors newbie

Hi, im not really good with technology so i have a few questions about the posible changes that are rumored for the coming MBP...

What would the switch to the Sandy Bridge processor mean? better performance/speeds?And if so how much better?
    And this posible change in the from the Nvidia graphic cards to Intels, would that mean better graphics?

Thanks

oh forgot to mention that it would be used mostly for audio, video and image editing... (photoshop, vektorworks, logic, cubase, ableton...)

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Since you're asking, probably not. Sandy Bridge/Intel graphics won't make facebook look any different or load any faster.

3. kovalchuk71 macrumors 6502

That was kind of rude? Did you not read the last part of the post?

4. skiltrip macrumors 68030

+1. Snarky comments add nothing to a mostly helpful and informative forum.

5. MacVibe macrumors regular

I assume you are asking about the 13" MBP since the 15 and 17 already have Intel graphics in addition to discrete gpus. The Sandy Bridge processor, with two cores and hyper threading, will probably offer twice the performance of the current C2D chip. The integrated Intel graphics are anticipated to be on par with the current 320m (or maybe a little worse but better than the 9400m). Performance increases for your audio/video work might also be realized with USB3 on external drives (if you work with those.)

My performance estimates should be supported by fact (or disputed by fact) within a month when Intel releases some official hardware for benchmarking. And hopefully Apple doesn't wait too long before releasing their MBP updates!!!!!!

6. simsaladimbamba

Looking at the timestamps, most probably not, as the OP did edit the OP eight minutes after that first reply was posted.

7. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

You probably wont notice and major speed boosts. for you a ram upgrade and maybe SSD would make a noticeable speed boost

also i somewhat agree with miles post....

8. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

IMO ... it will not make much difference for your usage :cool: