Question to those using "Naked" iPhone's

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by macness, Oct 30, 2012.

1. macness macrumors 6502a

macness

Do you guys still use screen protectors? If so, then why?

2. ZacT94 macrumors regular

I don't use one. I just wipe the screen with the back of my hand every now and then to get rid of dirt and fingerprints.

3. iHeartapple2 macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

4. macness thread starter macrumors 6502a

macness

Don't you guys find it hard to hold. It's so thin that it feels slippery and uncomfortable

5. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I use my naked, I guess you can call it that. I have a bumper I bought off eBay on the phone too. No screen protector. I wanted to have the naked feel of the phone, along with protecting it some.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

For a few days that I was using mine without a case yes it was very slippery.
    It was sliding out of my pocket whenever I was sitting down and felt like I was going to drop it every time.
    I put in a bumper case and now I get better grip and some added protection.
    Got a screen protector on too.

7. ercsliberty macrumors 6502

8. EwanMcTeagle macrumors 6502

EwanMcTeagle

I used screen protectors at first, but couldn't install them properly - always those damned air bubbles:), so I eventually gave them up. Plus I didn't quite like the feel of the screen protector. Now I just wipe with a cloth every night. I still use a case though (the silver one from the photo)

2640481721.jpeg

- but I'm considering giving it up as well. I'm still holding on to it, because I don't want to feel like I've wasted money on a obsolete gadget:) But to be honest I don't think it gives that much protection. Besides I think the case makes less sense since the iPhone is very nice and handy to hold, and the case takes some off that thinnes away:)
    And besides - the iPhone is still just a phone. An expensive one, but still. It'll get scratched one day, case or no case:)
    My advise is then: try a case, a screen protector and decide for yourself. Personally I prefer to touch the screen directly.

9. laudern macrumors 6502a

I honestly don't see too much point using any form of protection. Why in the hell would you buy an $800 phone, then do everything you can to cover it up? Protect it, perhaps??? Maybe, but what's the point? Do you really think people are still walking around with their original iPhone in a protective case? Technology is worth less in the long run, so why not enjoy it and show it off when it's actually worth something, than save it and keep it in immaculate condition for when it's worth nothing???

Having said all that, I did recently break my SGS2 after 10 months of owning it....but my point still stands lol

(i was kinda happy it did break, because I had the perfect excuse to buy an iphone 5)

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Can't enjoy it much if it keeps slipping out.
    It's not enjoyable paying for replacements:)

11. laudern macrumors 6502a

Fair enough. I don't care what other people do at all. Your choice.

12. macness thread starter macrumors 6502a

macness

Replacements with AppleCare+ are cheaper than the amount I spend on protection in a year.

13. Cubemaster13 macrumors member

The only reason I use a screen protector is because i LOVE matte screen protectors. I love the feel they offer along with reducing the amount of grease that shows up on the screen. For some reason, I just always seem to have grease on my hands, but thats the price you pay for working at a pizza place!

14. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I don't use a screen protector. I never could get them to go on right and after a while of pulling the phone out of your pocket, the corners start to peel off and it's just annoying. I've had every iPhone since the 3GS and never dropped or caused damage to them, so I don't see a need for a case or screen protector.

15. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

No case, no screen protector. Not on any iPhone I've ever had. Don't see the point for me.

16. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

I am using iPhone 5. No case, no screen protector. I keep it in a pocket with no other stuff. No scufs or marks at all so far. Now to answer the question why. I do it because iPhones look sexier naked ;)

17. blaake macrumors regular

I have owned the 4, 4s and now the 5. Never owned a single case, but i ALWAYS get a matte screen protector. It lets your finger slide so much easier than on a bare screen, and at the same time your protecting it which wasnt my goal. It also makes it anti-glare. I suggest getting a pack of 6 of them on ebay for less than $4 shipped. Wise investment. And if you dont like it, its 4 bucks...

18. macness thread starter macrumors 6502a

macness