Question to those with reception problems.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MFalcetano, Jun 24, 2010.

1. MFalcetano macrumors newbie

Have you tried using your phone out and about? I ask because there seems to be a huge discrepancy between what reviewers said and what others, myself included, have experienced. Last night, my phone's reception was so bad that I couldn't touch it and keep 3G. Now that I'm in the city, I'm getting far better reception than I had ever had with my 3GS, and it doesn't matter how I hold it.

It certainly seems that the placement of the antenna must contribute somewhat to the problem, but I wonder if it isn't more of an issue with AT&T's infrastructure.

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Yes

1) Problem is far worse in low signal areas, like in my bedroom I could replicate it to no signal almost every time. Outdoors I can barely get it to drop 2 bars.

2) Bumper eliminates the problem 100% for me regardless where I am.

3) I still love this phone, I'm superficial and the design and screen are keeping me in this ballgame.

3. MFalcetano thread starter macrumors newbie

I can certainly agree with that. I can't remember the last time that I've enjoyed holding a gadget this much.

4. azcoyote macrumors member

Weak signal strength does contribute to the problem. Inside my home where I typically only get 2-3 bars, I can consistently get the bars to go down to zero and completely lose service (Searching..) holding the iPhone 4 in my left hand. Yesterday evening I went for a walk down the block where I can get 5 full bars. A couple bars dropped holding the iPhone, but I was still able to make calls and make 3G data connections.