Question (UK): iPad2 Bum Protection

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MaxusHastings, Apr 26, 2011.

1. MaxusHastings macrumors member

Hey All :)

So i have my miniot wood cover on order and due for delivery soon (...so i am told). So now starting to worry about what to do with the backside of the iPad, i have tried the "Keep it bare" approach but noticing one or two scratches starting to appear so i know i need to get something to protect it.

Does anyone have any recommendations or ideas? I have eyed up things on ebay and the iDroplets too which all seem very cool, but lack allot of "Usability" reviews to see how they are in the real-world.

Skins also seem to be very mixed, ideally wrapsol would be awesome on the back of my iPads bum, but when i tot up the order or the product + Ridiculously high international shipping + Import Tax = :'(

So really hoping i can pick some brains and see if anyone has any recommendation of something to protect my iPads ass which may compliment the Miniot wood cover or something which is small, minimilistic and doesn't add to much weight/bulk to the device...

Cheers!

Maxus

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I love my JustStickIt skin. I have the faux-leather one myself, but HERE is a link to their eBay store for the other choices. Free international shipping - they are located in Vancouver Canada. They use a 3M adhesive coating - no edge creep or anything. It's a dry install too :)

3. MaxusHastings thread starter macrumors member

Hey - Thanks blevins :)

How quick were they on delivery for you, quality up-to-scratch for you?

4. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I ordered on a Thursday, and they shipped it on Monday. Not too bad considering this was during the launch rush :). Shipping itself took 3 days for me, probably about the same for you since it'd be Air Mail to (from the "Bum", I'm guessing) Europe? ;)

The quality is quite good. I was half-expecting a skin with a photo of leather on it, but it's actually a textured one. I put a comment about them in another thread, but I'll attach the pics here too.

Attached Files:

5. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I'll add that the only "odd" issue I had with the international transaction was that since it's eBay Canada, it also uses Canadian Paypal. The $14.99 (at the time) Canadian dollars was converted to $15.25 USD, and then Amex charged a $0.47 international transaction fee. So basically $0.75 extra for the international aspect of it, which was more than reasonable to me :).

I have no idea how VAT works though or import duties for Europe - but it can't be more than $5.00 more, right?