Question: What Is The Best File Recovery Software For Windows?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by redAPPLE, Jan 28, 2011.

1. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

hi.

i have to support some windows pcs and equipment sometimes. i need to recover accidentally formatted hard drives, accidentally removed partitions, etc.

i would like to buy a software for these type of problems. maybe you guys could give me any help.

i want to buy a software, that recovers files.

thanks in advance.

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I use the following:

http://www.r-studio.com/

I have been able to recovery data off a striped drive before with this. It is not that expensive and works great!

3. jknight8907 macrumors 6502a

jknight8907

4. 4JNA macrumors 68000

4JNA

i second that!

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

i actually do data recovery for a living, and this is commercial grade software at home owner prices. works almost as well as some of the crazy expensive proprietary stuff i have about. also nice that from the peecee, you can scan drives that are formatted in just about any file system you will ever run across. really good stuff. best of luck.

5. redAPPLE thread starter macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

thanks for the answers. i would try this. of course, if anybody else have some experience with others, feel free to add them here.

6. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

R-Studio is pretty good. I have also used File Scavenger with great success. I have used it to recover data even after zeroing out the drive. Spinrite is also really good, but I have only used it due to drive crashes, not deleted files. It also does drive maintenance and can recover from a lot of OS crashes.