Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 2, 2015
I've become a bit of an Audiophile just like Steve Jobs was anyways. I've grabbed some Sennheiser Momentums and Beyerdynamic T90 and Bose QC35 for traveling and have noticed a very nice sound crips and clear from my iPad Pro 9.7. Over my iPhone 5s which was regarded as having one of the best DACs ever. I won't bother going into home sound systems since I am still considering what to invest in. And a lot of my listening is mobile anyways. Even over or equal to my iBasso DX90 which says a lot.

So I am curious to know what internal DAC the iPad Pro uses.? It even drives my T90s which is a feat of itself. The bass gives my head a nice massage but I like to enjoy the clarity and shimmer hearing all the instruments.

It's likely and Audio Codec chip from Cirrus Logic unbranded since Apple has a branding agreement with Cirrus. But damn It drives so hard and there's got be an Amp in there too. Anyone have any ideas ?

PS I own a 9.7 Pro.

Reactions: GrindedDown

GrindedDown

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2009
Las Vegas
I dont know what dac is being used, but i have to agree that I love the sound straight out. I use a pair of Sony MDR1A cans and aurisonics forte iems and both sound really damn good. To be fair, both headphones are relatively easy to drive so I'm not sure how higher impedance headphones might fare.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.