Price Advice Question: What's my MacBook Pro worth?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Craig1201, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Craig1201 macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

I bought a MacBook Pro in Late 2008, and I've decided to buy the new Retina Display Pro. It would be fantastic if I could get a ballpark figure of what to expect for my MacBook Pro on Craigslist or Ebay.

I have a:

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011) with Applecare warranty until Dec. 2014

In perfect functioning and cosmetic condition, includes the box and charger. Battery holds a full charge.

I got all the upgrades, the HD screen, 16GB ram... just under $3,000 at the time of purchase.

- Upgraded 2.4 GHz i7 Processor
    - Upgraded 16GB of high-speed 1333MHz DDR3 memory
    - 750GB 7200-rpm hard drive
    - Upgraded hi-res 15.4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors at 1680x1050.
    - ATI Radeon HD 6770M graphics processor with 1GB of GDDR5 memory
    - FaceTime HD camera
    - Thunderbolt port
    - Full-size backlit keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted “T” arrangement)
    - Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
    - OS X Lion

I'd really appreciate any input or what you think it might be worth now. Thanks! :apple:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what you may be able to charge. Then adjust your price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

3. Craig1201 thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool, mac2sell says I can get $1610. Is that really the case? If so, that sounds pretty cool. Thanks for the links. I'm looking on eBay, but can't find any with 16GB.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Read the last sentence of my post again.

5. Craig1201 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I got that. Just not sure how much to adjust. Looks like 16-1700 though, so I'm cool with that. Thanks for your help.