question when typing in a password...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by i hate phones, Oct 1, 2010.

1. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

do your letters turn into circles or blocks? i dont' know if i'm going crazy, but i could have sworn it was circles... but now i just have big rectangles and i don't know why. i turned off all themes and that didn't fix it. am i going nuts?

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

3. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

4. i hate phones thread starter macrumors 6502a

anyone have any idea why mine are not? where is the file of this circle? i guess i can start there and make sure its the right image... if its even an image file to begin with :confused:

just to clarify... when i type in the password to unlock my phone they are circles... they are rectangles when entering passwords in safari, itunes, appstore etc....

5. Big Ells macrumors 6502

Big Ells

6. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

I had this happen to me once, it's a hacker in your Iphones!1 :eek:

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Pretty sure they aren't an image file, but a Unicode character. My guess is you are using a font which doesn't contain that character.

8. i hate phones thread starter macrumors 6502a

hmm i haven't changed my system font... though i installed fontswapper or whatever its called, but i haven't used it. maybe i'll try uninstalling. the only different font i'm using is referenced in an html file for my lockscreen. don't think that would affect anything else.

edit: ok uninstalled fontswap, no luck. even if i uncheck all my themes it doesn't work. so where else could a font get changed??

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, sorry your phone will self destruct in 10 seconds:D

10. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

Try reinstalling Fontswap and setting the font to the default font (or maybe switch to another, then back to default). Just a guess.

11. i hate phones thread starter macrumors 6502a

reinstalled fontswap... so when i change the "system font" what exactly is supposed to change? i set it to kasper which is obviously different.. it resprung but everything looks the same? also if i click on restore default fonts nothing happens, doesn't auto respring like it says its going to.

does fontswap work on ios4? i noticed it uses the .tff not the .ttc

anyone know where i can get some backups of the original font files? that's the next thing i will try... i'm googling to no avail though...

12. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

13. i hate phones thread starter macrumors 6502a

my circles are back!!! wahoo!!! :D lol i just replaced all the default fonts... nothing looks any different aside from the circles working. weird. fontswap must have messed it up somehow even though it didn't appear to work.