QUESTION- Where are SMS notification sounds

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pman219, Feb 17, 2011.

1. pman219 macrumors 6502a

pman219

As the title states.
    Where do you ssh to to find the notification tones for SMS, email, etc ?

I did do a search but came up empty.

Thank you in advance

2. genetic macrumors 6502

are you sure you searched :confused: . anyway.... /System/Library/Audio/UISounds . sms-received1(up to 6).caf , new-mail.caf etc

3. pman219 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pman219

Why must everyone throw their $.02 in ?

Thank you anyway

4. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Because it's annoying for those of us with the capacity to SEARCH for the answer to such an over-posted and common request.

5. MacKid1983 macrumors 6502

MacKid1983

My question is.... once you find these files how do I change a certain tone?

I would like to change the default "text tone" sound when I receive a tweet to the tweet_sent.caf.

And some others as well. Facebook etc to a custom sound rather than the text tone sound.

Where do I go to insert the tweet_sent.caf. file for that specific notification?

If I'm explaining that correctly.... I'm fairly new at jailbreaking.

6. MacKid1983 macrumors 6502

MacKid1983

Thank you..... But thats not what I am looking for. I know I can add custom text tones. I am wanting to change the NOTIFICATION tone when I receive a Facebook / Twitter notification from that specific app.

ESPN app has pust notifications, ok, and when I receive a score update it makes the espn sound, NOT that "Tri_tone" sound.

BUT Facebook and Twitter's default sound is Tri_Tone. Is there a way to change the incoming sound file in the specific app on a jail broken phone?

:) Thanks so much!

7. deuxani macrumors 6502

deuxani

I had the same issue with Whatsapp, because I do want it to make a sound, but very softly. And also with Whatsapp the only solution is to create a CAF file and overwrite one of the tones in the Whatsapp folder.

This is the solution that worked for me: http://www.machackpc.com/how-to-convert-a-mp3-file-to-a-caf-file-using-itunes/ I've attached an example (Super Mario World Coin) that I use to overwrite the Time Passing tone. Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

8. AnionicStrength macrumors member

The problem is that the new Facebook app doesn't contain the alert sound in the application bundle. The old app did, but they seem to have decided to use the default notification sound.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the location of this default sound.

It is not located at /System/Library/Audio/UISounds/sms-received1.caf.

Changing this sound has no effect on Facebook notifications or GoogeVoice. Does anyone have any idea where it might be?

9. deuxani macrumors 6502

deuxani

There is a chord.wav in the Facebook folder. Is that the sound?

10. AnionicStrength macrumors member

No, that is not the sound. The sound is the typical Tri-tone. Changing chord.wave within the Facebook application bundle has no effect.