Question: Which Point & Shoot has short shutter lag times?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by redAPPLE, Dec 3, 2010.

1. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

hello guys.

i would need advice, on buying a point & shoot camera. the top criteria (imo) would be, it has to have a really short shutter lag time (or short total lag time).

any links or camera types would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

2. mattjk macrumors newbie

I've not seen a comparison of the major models but can attest that my Canon S90 is pretty darn good at low lag in any light conditions. Would presume from what I've read that the S95 is the same. S90 is an excellent p&s.

3. El Cabong macrumors 6502a

Browse the reviews at www.imaging-resource.com. They have shutter lag times listed under the "Test Summary" section of their reviews. Ignore the "prefocused" number (unless it's extremely high, in which case, avoid the camera), as shutter lag mostly comes from the time it takes for the camera to autofocus. A quick glance seems to indicate that the Panasonic LX5 has the best autofocus/shutter lag times of any current compact, and it's a great all-around camera, provided that you're okay with its size and zoom range.

4. admwright macrumors regular

5. henryp macrumors member

henryp

The S95 is so good David Pogue of the NYTimes wrote a "love letter," to it.

6. a.jfred macrumors 6502

That doesn't surprise me about the Panasonic P&S ... when I was looking for a P&S, between all the Canon, Nikons, Sonys, Olympus', and Panasonics I looked at, the Panasonic TZ5 I purchased was *significantly* faster in regards to shutter lag.