Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

td2243

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 14, 2013
Santa Fe, NM
So, I have a late 2013 iMac that I use for the brunt of everything, but I'd really like a laptop in the next 6 months. Will an 8GB 2015 Macbook Air run Logic Pro X smoothly? I'd alway have Kontakt running with some libraries going.

I just want something to compose on while I'm on trips out of town. I know it won't run like a maxed out iMac, but will it do the trick? I'd really appreciate some advice from maybe people who run Logic Pro X on a Laptop.

Thanks

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
So, I have a late 2013 iMac that I use for the brunt of everything, but I'd really like a laptop in the next 6 months. Will an 8GB 2015 Macbook Air run Logic Pro X smoothly? I'd alway have Kontakt running with some libraries going.

I just want something to compose on while I'm on trips out of town. I know it won't run like a maxed out iMac, but will it do the trick? I'd really appreciate some advice from maybe people who run Logic Pro X on a Laptop.

Thanks
I run Logic Studio 9 on my mid-2012 11" MBA. While I don't use third party plugins, I'm able to record guitar, bass and keys live while playing a drum track for timing. This is while using an external 24" 1080p display and touch OSC connecting Logic to my iPad.

This isn't Logic X, but should give you an idea of the usability of the air with music programs.

Reactions: Meister

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
I run Logic 9 on my 2013 11" i7/8gb/512gb MBA with no problems. My use of Logic is very basic though, recording 4 tracks of live music through microphones. It also ran fine on my 2011 MBA.

Reactions: Meister
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.